- 114 Strathmoor Dr
MLS #40873793 Active
4 Beds3 Baths3,300 SQ. Feet 0.13 Acres1915 Year Built
In the heart of Berkeley’s Claremont district, on one of its most beautiful and coveted streets, designed by John Hudson Thomas with input from the owner, H. L Dungan sits this 4BD/3.5BA majestic and magical home. The spectacular two-story redwood-paneled living room with a towering cathedral-like ceiling, dramatic fireplace and picturesque views into the garden, opens to a porch that overlooks the flowing creek. Formal dining or casual eat-in kitchen are both options. The real piece de resistance is the upper level, an expansive third floor featuring a dramatic atelier. This exciting space with its soaring ceiling and majestic window is a light-filled enchantment with versatile potential. Adjoining plus room and full bath adjacent complete this level. The opportunity to own this important example of Berkeley’s First Bay Tradition in architecture is an invitation to a lifestyle of calm among mature oaks and redwoods while living close to the much sought-after amenities of Claremont.
Open House Information
- DateSeptember 15th, 2019
- Begin Time2:00pm
- End Time4:30pm
- DescriptionWelcome to the timeless architecture of John Hudson Thomas. This majestic home is situated in a magical park-like setting straddling Harwood Creek. Magnificent living room and dining room, 4BR/3.5BA, plus an atelier, which is a light-filled enchantment!
- MLS® #40873793
- Full Baths3
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage3,300
- Year Built1915
- HeatingForced Air 1 Zone, Gas, Radiant, Solar, Other Heat
- CoolingCeiling Fan(s), No Air Conditioning, Other
- Has BasementYes
- # of Fireplaces1
- FireplacesBrick, Living Room, Woodburning
- StoriesThree or More Stories
- Date ListedJuly 11th, 2019
- Address41 Oakvale Ave
- AreaBerkeley Map Area 10
- CityBerkeley Real Estate
- Zip Code
- ExteriorStucco, Wood Shingles
- Lot DescriptionLevel, Regular
- RoofComposition Shingles, Other
- FoundationCrawl Space, Other, Partial Basement
- Listing AgentHelene Barkin
- Listing OfficeThe Grubb Co. Inc.
- DistrictBerkeley (510) 644-6504
BERKELEY Real Estate Statistics
- Total Listings: 127
- Average price: $1,441,304
- Highest Price: $5,995,000
- Lowest Price: $125,000
Price Change History for 41 Oakvale Ave, BERKELEY, California (MLS® #40873793)
|Active (from New)||–||–|
Bay East ©2019. CCAR ©2019. BridgeMLS ©2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
This information is being provided by the Bay East MLS or the CCAR MLS or the EBRDI MLS. The listings presented here may or may not be listed by the Broker/Agent operating this website.